Cathy Beaulieu is a Registered Optician, Certified Contact Lens Fitter & Certified Refracting Optician with over 30 years of experience in the eye care industry. Cathy is the owner & operator of Beaulieu Vision Care, established in 1998 with her brother Tom Giores.
Specializing in difficult Contact Lens fittings, Bifocals, Astigmatism and Myopia patients, Cathy has achieved many awards & acknowledgements throughout her career.
An active member of the community who works closely with four Etobicoke Ophthalmologists ensuring all clients have access to a complete range of reliable vision care services. A truly dedicated professional, Cathy prides herself in hard work and derives a great deal of joy out of working with the public & being an active member of her community.
Achievements / Awards:
- Member of the Council of the College of Opticians.
- Refracting Optician (Northern Alberta Institute for Technology).
- Vice Chair of the Kingsway Business Improvement Association (BIA).
- Award for Outstanding Dedication and Commitment-Licensed Opticians of Ontario and the Ontario Contact Lens Association.
- Optician of the Year Award (1996) Ontario Opticians Association.
- Certified Contact Lens Mentor.
- Member of the Etobicoke Chamber of Commerce / The Toronto Board of Trade.
- Adviser to Georgian & Seneca College Opticians Program.
- Responsible for developing a professional Optician Testing Program for new Canadian residents seeking licensing.
- Certified Instructor for the Christopher Leadership Program - sponsored by the Lumens Institute.
- Appointed by the Lieutenant governor to the Board and later to the College of Opticians of Ontario. Served for 8 years, on the Executive Committee, on Discipline, Expert witness, Chair of Competency, Chair of Complaints, Chair of Examination, Chair of Standards Committee and was also the Registrar.
- Certificate of recognition (signed by Mayor Miller) - volunteer work in the Businesses community in collaboration with Tabia.
- Certificate of recognition - Protecting the public with policy setting for eye care professionals.